When things in your life seem, almost too much to handle,When 24 Hours in a day is not enough,
Remember the mayonnaise jar and 2 cups of coffee.
A professor stood before his philosophy class
and had some items in front of him.
When the class began, wordlessly,
He picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar
And proceeded to fill it with golf balls.
He then asked the students, if the jar was full.
They agreed that it was.
The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured
them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly.
The pebbles rolled into the open Areas between the golf balls.
He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.
The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar.
Of course, the sand filled up everything else.
He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous ‘yes.’
The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively
filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.
‘Now,’ said the professor, as the laughter subsided,
‘I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life.
The golf balls are the important things - family,
children, health, Friends, and Favorite passions –
Things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, Your life would still be full.
The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, house, and car.
The sand is everything else —The small stuff.
‘If you put the sand into the jar first,’ He continued,
there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls.
The same goes for life.
If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff,
You will never have room for the things that are important to you.
Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.
Play With your children.
Take time to get medical checkups.
Take your partner out to dinner.
There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal.
‘Take care of the golf balls first —
The things that really matter.
Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.
One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented.
The professor smiled
‘I’m glad you asked’.
It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem,
There’s always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend.’
omg im so glad i read this D:
- memories-of-myself reblogged this from stopdropandrollingaway
- dyoan likes this
- macktheboo likes this
- nevermissingamotherfuckingbeat reblogged this from bemyescapeex3
- kay13579 reblogged this from f-u-n-n-y-p-o-s-t-s
- kay13579 likes this
- syyddneey likes this
- derpycadenza reblogged this from ashencandy
- vidalia-tearyeyed reblogged this from harriettx
- vidalia-tearyeyed likes this
- citrinas reblogged this from thaichestnuts
- 2wistedsoul likes this
- anandthegreat reblogged this from anandthegreat
- lessthanlight reblogged this from awesohm
- adriftofthehead reblogged this from gamergirl-latula
- butterfly-guarded-hime reblogged this from mirthfulmeulin
- teal-is-my-deal-for-real reblogged this from particularlyaverage
- teal-is-my-deal-for-real likes this
- ipathfind reblogged this from doctorpiper
- starry-sky-stuff reblogged this from particularlyaverage
- starry-sky-stuff likes this
- beautiful-in-a-way reblogged this from particularlyaverage
- unpathwayed likes this
- particularlyaverage reblogged this from fatimaariana
- queenie-eyed likes this
- the-goddesses likes this
- rosegoldbeauxsandbesos likes this
- cxnvinced likes this
- dancingpiggies reblogged this from california19
- bitterfaced likes this
- fatimaariana reblogged this from zeeatron
- fatimaariana likes this
- zeeatron reblogged this from make-the-dead-love
- hannahg115 reblogged this from neesaid
- therandomofjodip reblogged this from make-the-dead-love
- allisonmj reblogged this from littlepieceoflauren
- dracomalfoyandhiddlesarethebest reblogged this from make-the-dead-love
- make-the-dead-love reblogged this from spn-kinda-saved-my-life
- littlepieceoflauren likes this
- littlepieceoflauren reblogged this from pattravisworld
- outofbeing-normal reblogged this from youwillalwaysbelovely
- outofbeing-normal likes this
- atthedropoftwohats reblogged this from sadtasticc
- pippipdadoodleydoo likes this
- shelly-m4rie reblogged this from youwillalwaysbelovely
- shelly-m4rie likes this
- pattravisworld reblogged this from neesaid
- tattoos-and-tanlines likes this