When things in your life seem, almost too much to handle,When 24 Hours in a day is not enough,
Remember the mayonnaise jar and 2 cups of coffee.
A professor stood before his philosophy class
and had some items in front of him.
When the class began, wordlessly,
He picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar
And proceeded to fill it with golf balls.
He then asked the students, if the jar was full.
They agreed that it was.
The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured
them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly.
The pebbles rolled into the open Areas between the golf balls.
He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.
The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar.
Of course, the sand filled up everything else.
He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous ‘yes.’
The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively
filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.
‘Now,’ said the professor, as the laughter subsided,
‘I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life.
The golf balls are the important things - family,
children, health, Friends, and Favorite passions –
Things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, Your life would still be full.
The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, house, and car.
The sand is everything else —The small stuff.
‘If you put the sand into the jar first,’ He continued,
there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls.
The same goes for life.
If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff,
You will never have room for the things that are important to you.
Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.
Play With your children.
Take time to get medical checkups.
Take your partner out to dinner.
There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal.
‘Take care of the golf balls first —
The things that really matter.
Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.
One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented.
The professor smiled
‘I’m glad you asked’.
It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem,
There’s always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend.’
omg im so glad i read this D:
- forever-was-a-promise-to-you reblogged this from youwillalwaysbelovely
- forever-was-a-promise-to-you likes this
- inhaling-wisdom likes this
- sendsanevibes likes this
- sherunswithzombies reblogged this from wtfwrongh0le
- major-dude reblogged this from heroineheroine
- thejaunwhoknox reblogged this from apoq
- nnamudi likes this
- nnamudi reblogged this from heroineheroine and added:
- yokomilan reblogged this from akasherane
- yokomilan likes this
- lamiak likes this
- blaqueviolet likes this
- honduranthunder reblogged this from dcstreet
- cheetahprintnightmares reblogged this from dcstreet
- themixedmannequin likes this
- uniquenessbihhhh reblogged this from heroineheroine
- dejiselsewhere reblogged this from petitebrownfro
- maraamazing reblogged this from dcstreet
- petitebrownfro reblogged this from dcstreet
- petitebrownfro likes this
- dcstreet reblogged this from akasherane
- dcstreet likes this
- lilacsmudge reblogged this from inefficient-genius
- learningtosmiletomyself reblogged this from perlenoiree
- akasherane reblogged this from nearclimax
- hettythehuman likes this
- laviechanson reblogged this from hettythehuman
- inefficient-genius reblogged this from nearclimax
- nearclimax reblogged this from 071008
- moorelanceplease likes this
- televised-flowers likes this
- afro-caribbeansistah reblogged this from perlenoiree
- afro-caribbeansistah likes this
- perlenoiree likes this
- imperfectebeaut reblogged this from randyschmandy
- imperfectebeaut likes this
- whatthefro likes this
- taljust reblogged this from juustsmile-
- taljust likes this
- sphallolallia likes this
- 7th-basketball-kicker reblogged this from crookedshowerhead
- 7th-basketball-kicker likes this
- xenia3000 likes this
- wherethesunandseameet likes this
- itsuniquecrazyme reblogged this from actual-penguin
- itsuniquecrazyme likes this
- actual-penguin likes this
- actual-penguin reblogged this from wanderingin-neverland
- meat-bullet likes this